Tuesday, September 9, 2008

We are so Blessed!


Helping Daddy put together Johnnie Jumper.....

I love this thing~!


I'm not liking that weather out there ............


Brad and Lita trying to save a tree....



Averi and Shelby

Trying her hardest to get to Coby standing up.............


Enough for Day One...............

Checking things out for Day Two......

When Averi was going after Coby and his toys, he would start calling for HELP!!!


Everyone watching the water come up........


Coby, Shelby and I taking a boat ride in the back yard







When everything else fails, put me in my swing and I am good to go..........


Well we made it thru Hurricane Gustva. I can say that Gods hands were all around our house. My brother-in-law and his family(live right next door) came and stayed with us and they had four HUGE tress come out of the ground and at my father-in-laws house which is just two doors down, they had three HUGE trees come out of the ground. Two trees landed on his pump shed. Other than a total mess, everyone is fine. Brad and I have many of things to be so thankful for. We lost power at 9:15 a.m. Monday September 1 and received it back at 5:30 p.m Sunday September 7. We were blessed with an air conditioning unit, we ran the generator for the fridge, some TV, water (well water), and air when needed. We had to pick which ones were more important at the time. Averi was not happy with the situation at all, she was so confused. Thank goodness the lights came back on at Nonnie's Friday night, because she went over on Saturday and spent the night. Nonnie stated that she could not get enough sleep.

Well we start back to school tomorrow and I need some prayer.....its going to be like starting over for my kiddo's. Hope that everyone has a great week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT POST, love all of the pictures.

We are all so blessed to not have had any damage to our houses.

My little Averi is getting too big. Even babies know when things are not right..

Love Ya,
Nonnie

Skybrook said...

Glad yall did okay in the storm! It is really crazy how the little ones know when something is off! We got power last night and are so happy to be back home!

The pictures are too precious! She is growing up so fast!

Katie