Sunday, July 13, 2008

Back Home......

Pictures from the night before surgery:



Day of Surgery:


Everyone waiting for the GOOD NEWS:
Getting Settled After Surgery:

Random Pictures once settled in:




We were released from the hospital Friday afternoon at 6:00 PM. Averi is doing well. Yesterday, (Sunday) was the first day that I did not give her pain medicine except for bedtime and she did good, there were periods thru out the day that you could tell that she was in some pain, however the Motrin worked for her. This morning and today are a bit different, I have began to notice certain ways that she moves really bother her more than others. However one of the good things, well I say good things, she has had pain from the kidney since she has been born, so this might not bother her as much begin that she has lived with pain. Dr. Ortenburg stated to Brad and I that she is going to be a totally different baby once this is all over with. Its a true blessing what the prayers that we have been receiving have done. She is such an amazing little trooper. We have an appointment for Thursday for the tubing to be removed from her kidney. Please continue to pray for healing in her body over the next six to eight weeks.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nonnie and Poppie are so glad the worst is behind you. You were such a trooper through out all of this. You are so blessed to have such wonderful parents that love you very much.

Can't wait until you are feeling better so we can go shopping...

XOXO,
Nonnie and Poppie

Anonymous said...

Dear Kelli,

I am glad to hear that she is doing ok. Just take one day at a time and I know that in the long run she will feel alot better. I think about you and Averi every day. I will keep you in my prayers.

Love,
Annette

Anonymous said...

Dear Kelli, i finally had time to look at the site again and am so excited to see how much time and effort you put into this. it is beautiful. one day you and averi will have to sit down and look at all the time you put into this. i hope you have printed a copy and filed it somewhere.
hope you are better today, i know how tuff things can be, just remember she is your little pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and the rainbow is shining down on you. lots of love nannie
p.s. the pics of ted and shelby are great. talk soon

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelli... I am glad to see she is doing good..... We are all thinking about yall... Love,

Ashli Dyer-Norris

jajbs said...

I SO wish I could have been there!! The pic of you holding her in the bed while she slept brought tears to my eyes! She is precious. I know that day was hard for you and Brad, but God brought you through it and His hand will continue to do so for all you. I LOVE ya, Girlfriend!!

amanda